Friday, May 19, 2017

Things I Love And You Might Too

Happy Friday Everyone! This week has felt like we were living for the weekend. The weather is warming up. The water is warming up. And our brains are complete mush and ready for summer! I wish our countdown to summer was only days; unfortunately, we have weeks left :( Today let us dwell on the positive!


First up... Mexican Shredded Beef recipe. I posted this on my Top 3 Tuesday when I was hopeful this recipe was going to work out. I'm happy to report the Mexican Shredded Beef was amazing! Everyone loved it and as proof, no leftovers! This will be in constant rotation. I'm added the recipe link above. If you like Mexican food, this will satisfy your craving. I served with corn tortillas, red onion, and cilantro. As a side note, if you are missing a couple ingredients, the recipe still turns out yummy. I substituted water for beef broth and garlic powder for garlic.


Second...I love that this girl is enjoying an upswing in life right now. I shared all of this girl's exciting news on Monday's post.  As a mom, it was so much fun to dedicate a post and  sing her praises. I'm so proud of her hard work and dedication. I'm so proud of her level head. I'm glad she is enjoying life here in North Carolina.



Third...one of my absolute favorites this week is my Mother's Day gift. I think it may be the best gift I've ever received! A Little Free Library made with love by my handy husband.
I have wanted a Little Free Library, since I first discovered them. Just to prove it I'm linking back to my Lovin These Libraries post I wrote when we arrived in North Carolina. 
Now I get to have my own fun and share books with others :) 


Fourth...this week Modern Mrs. Darcy revealed the Summer Reading Guide and my To Be Read list doubled! The titles at the top of my list were I Found You by Lisa Jewell and Beartown by Fredrick Backman. I'm currently reading The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn and enjoying the author's storytelling. I was a little put off by the racy premise but now I think the author is going in a different directions with this one. You will have to stay tuned for my book wrap up next month to see how The Arrangement turns out.




Fifth... my latest Stitchfix. I won't share all my treasures because I took the time to photograph everything this month. (Never Happens!) I'm a big fan of Stitchfix and loved receiving a box again. I think I've been on hiatus for 6 months. I got a couple things I really liked. My Fix was a favorite this week!



Bonus favorite...in one week I will be checking off #2 on my bucket list. I'm so nervous but excited. I will definitely be sharing with you all very soon ;)


Follow Along:

6 comments:

  1. That green dress is fabulous.
    Also, subbing. Those were the days. I did it for 2 years and had so much free time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just got my Instant Pot in the mail the other day and am so nervous and intimidated to use it, but that beef recipe sounds awesome! I might make it as my first IP meal! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange shirt!!! I just sent the link to the Insta pot recipe to Allie from A Gal Named Al. She just got one and has been looking for recipes. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely loving your Mother's Day gift!!!! :) It is so perfect and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your husband made you a free library! That's so awesome! And those beef tacos sound so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tacos sound delicious! I may have to do those one night. I also like the shirt you got from StitchFix, even if it is orange! I have a similar one in blue, but mine was from Kohls!

    ReplyDelete