Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Colonial Williamsburg Virginia


As I mentioned in the previous post, we took a day to explore Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. 
Military families receive free admission each calendar year, so it's worth seeing at least once. 
Colonial Williamsburg is best described as living history. It's an entire early colony complete with houses, businesses, and townspeople milling about.

My soon-to-be 6th grader was really into it because he spent his 5th grade year learning American History. He even stepped to the front of the angry mod of colonist storming the Governor's Palace. 


And because this is the East Coast all the streets are lined with leafy green trees.
And we love that!



Everyone is in character and every building you visit has it's own expert to educate you on their particular craft.


There is also a Liberty Lounge for military members and families to refresh. 
Given the humidity and heat, it's a really nice service provided.


And because these are my kids and they are goofy and drive me crazy, I will give you a very real picture of what touring a historic attraction looks like for us :)


2 comments:

  1. It's such a cool town! My brother lived there for a time and there really is so much history there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I would love to check this out sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete