Thursday, June 2, 2016

A House


We finally have a place to live in North Carolina. We been here for more than 30 days and finally slept in our permanent rental last night. We managed with a few blankets and thankfully five pillows.

Now I'm sitting criss cross applesauce on the hard wood floor waiting for the moving truck to bring our household goods. I'm having mixed feelings about all this. On one hand, I think getting our stuff will help feel more settled. Maybe even help me to feel some more positive about being here. The other side is once our stuff gets off that truck there is no turning back. My fantasy of moving back to California instead of living here will be (even more) unrealistic. And that is still my daily struggle :(

7 comments:

  1. Yay!!! :) I love your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someday you'll end up back in California... you never know! This is just your new home for now! I hope you have fun settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home is so cute! You and your family will make so many fantastic memories here that it will feel like home so soon :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I can picture it at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Looks like a house on my parents street actually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I love the house!! So cute! I hope once you get your stuff, it'll start feeling more like home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! You still need to send me your address.

    ReplyDelete