Monday, April 4, 2016

Monterey Bay Aquarium




My kids love aquariums. When we go on vacations, we have got to work in an aquarium visit. Monterey Bay Aquarium is probably the most highly praised aquarium in California. And you can't pass up those types of reviews!


While the coastal location can't be beat, I still favor the Aquarium of the Pacific. Despite my personal opinion, an aquarium is an aquarium and it's pretty fascinating to see what goes on below the ocean's surface. 

Kelp forest tank--native to California's coastline

Jellyfish tanks


Despite the grainy photo of a hammerhead, this guy was pretty cool to watch and I couldn't keep from sharing with you all!



Wave simulator


Kelp Forest tank


Nicole

3 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about this aquarium, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for the first time when I was like 8, and I LOVED it. I've been back a few times since, and there is just so much to see!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks awesome! We recently went to the aquarium in Dallas and that was fun.

    ReplyDelete