Thursday, December 19, 2013

Favorite Things Tree

We are all familiar with Oprah's Favorite Things, right? All the wonderful things Oprah loved and gifted to unsuspecting audience members year after year. Turns me green with envy!

This year I volunteered as a room parent for Zachary's class. Honestly, I am the poorest excuse of a classroom parent. Partly because I volunteered when I worked 3 hours a day and now I'm working a fuller schedule. I have little time to devote to anything much less being a stellar room parent.




After consistently dropping the ball for the first few months of school, I got my act together. My goal was to make a solid effort to help parents gift the teacher. Hopefully spoil her with all her favorite things. I made a tree filled with chipboard giftags which doubled perfectly as ornaments. Each ornament had one of Ms. J's favorite things written on the back. The tree is displayed in the classroom and each parent informed of the list. I've also scanned the list to send to parents inquiring by email. Based on the response, I think the tree is helpful. Hoping Ms. J is wonderfully gifted this holiday season.


Nicole
Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin //
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! And it looks beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a thoughtful idea! I bet the other parents love getting ideas instead of blindly guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! I love it! (I'm sure the teacher will appreciate it vey much). Missing your emails girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete