Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude Journal

My friend, Katie, from Going Coastal is hosting a month of thanksgiving linkup. I thought participating in the linkup would be a great time to bring back Sunday Gratitude Journal. I can look back on my week of phone pics and reflect on the good. As I mentioned a few short days ago, I really want to make sure I don't get caught up with the whole Christmas countdown. I want to savor November!

Most of my week is all about work and kids. I don't get too much down time Monday through Thursday. After my kiddos go to bed, I either clean or clean then have my computer time. The weekends are my time to slow life way down and really concentrate on individual time with everyone (husband and kids). Lately, the weekends have been just as busy. We have one more busy weekend to knock out then we should be ready for a slow one again. I'm thankful for that!


Speaking of those moments of quality time with the kids. I had one of those moments with Zac. We put our brains together and built this shelf. I am totally inept at building anything. Me and a 10 year old are equal partners. Yes, we had to build it up and take it apart several times but we finished. I love these moments. So thankful for my kids. For the age they are now. For helpers.



Halloween night. I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Not really sure why. The kids love it. I like to see the kids have fun. I am thankful we had a safe, fun, and relatively mellow Trick or Treat night.


Thankful to be able to participate in the local Karl Strauss training event.
Which meant dinner out- mid week- for free.
I do not balance working and meal planning very well.
I am always thankful for a break from cooking Monday through Friday. 



I'm thankful for my job.
Which allows me time to visit our other sites to train and get ideas for my own site.


 And be the recipient of many new items delivered weekly!


This weekend a group of military spouse blogger got together in Temecula.
Not sure if you remember our last blogger date here.
Truly an amazing bunch of ladies. Everyone is so friendly and good natured.
We really enjoy ourselves.
In fact, Katie (the host of the linkup) is part of the group.
I'm thankful to have this unique support system with other military spouse bloggers.
(FYI...the group is open to all milspouse bloggers in the area)

It was such a great week. Busy. Stressful at times. Yet I look back with only positive thoughts!
I feel blessed every day to be alive and healthy and enjoying my life.

Nicole

Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin //
Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week. I'm not doing thankful blog posts, but I am doing a thankful IG, FB, Twitter count. (Helps that they're all linked up :D) I'm with you on enjoying November! Although....I may be breaking out some winter decorations...(If I change the name to winter instead of Christmas that works right?)

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully amazing week you had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gratitude journal idea!!!! I may have to jump on your bandwagon! I was planning on only doing it through November bu why not continue year round!
    http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com/2013/11/30-days-of-gratitude-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a milspouse blogger group there! So cool! Hmmm....maybe I should see if there would be any interest in putting one together here?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love it and I cannot wait to see what else you have on your list! Thanks for linking up with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous! I wish I could have linked up and gone wine tasting in temecula with y'all!! I totally miss that about living in California!!!

    ReplyDelete