Sunday, March 24, 2013

Gratitude Journal

Blessings abound! It's Sunday and time to reflect on all the good things happening in life.


This week my youngest turned 8. He was so excited for his day as most children are. We had a small party at our house. I was worried it wouldn't be enough. Parties get kind of crazy around these parts. It's hard to top some of the themed or location parties we've attended. But Derrick was more than ok with his little "homemade" birthday. I'm thankful we had a day to celebrate him. And his friends from school were able to attend.

I'm thankful for our double date last night with good friends. We went to a great restaurant in Oceanside called Pacific 333. Amazing food and martini bar. Awesome location with a panoramic view of the ocean at sunset. And all this because we had a babysitter! Another thankful because those are hard to find.

I'm thankful to finally be reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. After Kelsey at Keeping Up With Kelsey suggested the book, I put it on my Reading List. I finally found the opportunity to read the book with a small group of friends. Which is ideal for me. Because I love to read and I love to talk about books. 

My quick list of gratitude from the week...

...first day of spring.
...flowers blooming everywhere!
...sunny days.
...my husband being home.
...my husband feeling better.
...my kids' school.
...friends.
...meeting friends for coffee.
...personal growth.
...this blog which I credit part of my personal growth to. 

Every time I write these posts my cup fills. Even on the bad days when I really don't want to write this post. It's a good thing.

Nicole
Weekend Social Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Aww so glad you finally started it! If you'd like to borrow my copy I'm more than welcome to mail it to you! Glad the party went well and I'm excited to see more gratitudes come nicer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your youngest has a wonderful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete