Friday, January 18, 2013

1 Down, 29 To Go

It's InstaFriday linkup at Life Rearranged.
 Nothing much to report this week.
I'm more than happy to share I've crossed something off my deployment bucket list.
No, I have not finished the dreaded closet!
I bought my homecoming outfit!
Yay! 


I was trying so hard to not buy anything.
Then out of the blue, I just happen to find myself at the mall. 
Standing outside my favorite store. Coveting the above outfit.
Having this mental conversation with myself...
"I want a pair of red pants. I do. Those are cute. Maybe next month? Maybe never..."
Then it dawned on me, "I should look for a homecoming outfit!"
Yes! In the store I went, grabbed an armful of dresses, and headed to the fitting room.


First try...cute but too casual. I want this dress but crossing my fingers it will hit the clearance rack.
  


Next, this coral number. I almost went with this one. It was fitted and cute. It needed about three inches off the bottom. But it wasn't screaming "Woohoo! You're finally home! Call the babysitter!" 
So I tried the blue.


I sent out an Instagram request for opinions. Thank you followers! 
We made a good choice.

Let's see what else can I show you?
The kids?


These are kiss faces. Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed it either.

That is all for this lovely Friday.
I'm semperfifam on Instagram.
Hope to see you there!


Nicole

11 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! Can't wait to buy my homecoming dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying the dress makes it feel so much closer! Just keep swimming Randi!

      Delete
  2. What store is that?! I love all of those dresses! And buying the homecoming outfit was the best part of deployment! Haha next to the first kiss of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann Taylor Loft. And Samantha, I can't wait for the first kiss either :)

      Delete
  3. I like the blue one! But you look great in all dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in all of them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in all the dresses, but I too love the blue one. Also, what store is that because I'm loving that scarf that was on the mannequin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann Taylor Loft. Lots of great things in the store right now!

      Delete
  6. did you choose the blue one?? I love it on you! and love the earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did choose the blue. I'm so glad you noticed my earrings.

      Delete
  7. Love those dresses! They all look great on you! I'm your newest follower and a fellow military wife :)

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete