Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 5 of 2012

Adios, 2012! 
You've been good to me..to our family. 
You turned out way better than 2011. 
But the odds were stacked against you with this whole deployment departure. You never had a chance at, "Best Year Ever"! 
And now, 2013 is overshadowing the end of your reign with the Homecoming. 
My only small concession is to highlight our 
Best of 2012. 

#5 Hiking
We explored some new trails this year. These are our local favorites: Lake Oneill, Griffith Observatory, Cabrillo National Park, and Wood Canyon Trails.


#4 Dating My Husband
This year we began dating again after a 13 year break. Yes, I'm embarrassed to share that. Anniversaries and Marine Corps birthdays were about the only cause to get a sitter in the past. Something changed this year for the better.


#3 Disneyland
This may be the only time Disney is not number one. We bought 3-day passes this year and it was worth every penny. We celebrated my birthday, we took my sister, and once again as a family before my husband deployed.



#2 Christmas in Iowa



#1 Family Vacation to Gulf Coast
Everyone in our family agrees. Our trip to the Gulf Coast was the best thing about 2012. It was our least planned and least ambitious family vacation ever. Love how that works out!



Thanks for everything!

Nicole

5 comments:

  1. I love all of the pictures! Wishing you a very blessed 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you started going on dates! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love that you started dating again, so sweet! If you dont mind me asking, what part of the gulf were you in? My family and I have gone to Naples for a number of years, but we are always looking for new spots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best year ever filled with lots of dates and beautiful memories with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's so important to "Date Your Husband"!
    Sounds like you all had some awesome happenings in 2012
    Many blessings to you all for all of 2013

    ReplyDelete