Friday, June 15, 2012

Last Week of School {in pictures}


Is it Friday yet? I've been asking the question since Tuesday. It's the last week of school for the kids and things are busy. There is always something to buy for a class party, a performance to attend, or paper to submit. Not to mention all the other school day activities happening in a snowball effect this week. May I just say, I looking forward to not packing lunches at 6 AM for the next two months. Yay me!

With all these energy zappers, I decided to post with minimal effort today. This is my week in pictures from Sunday to Friday.

Last weekend was not a happy weekend. My husband had been gone for two weeks of training and his return day was being changed every five minutes. Oh yeah, I went there...I was crabby AND sad AND irritated with all things military. By Sunday, I knew we needed to escape the house and get a little happy back in here. So, we went to the library....


...and we spent two hours in the kid room where my daughter read, my sons played on the computers, and I perfected my chair balancing ability...

Lots of Penned Up Energy
Monday my husband finally came home after two weeks on the boat. The honeymoon stage lasted all of five minutes because he decided his 'mini-vaca' was exhausting...


...and that does not sit well with someone who just spent two weeks single parenting three children and a dog...


...oh yeah, Charlie has taken center stage this week because I'm secretly preparing a birthday gift for my daughter involving photos of her beloved...




Tuesday we were back to our regular family activities, HIKING...



 I don't do much of it when my husband is gone because I get scared.

Wednesday I was in the kitchen trying my hand at a new Pinterest find...

Shrimp Fried Rice. Yummy!

Thursday was ho-hum but the much needed day to catapult me into FRIDAY.




Finally, the last day of school! Let the fun begin! It's time to start checking off the Summer Bucket List.

No comments:

Post a Comment